The LIFE Prep and Mothers Ministries of Brown Missionary Baptist Church are collaborating to continue to change lives and make a difference in the lives of youth ages 10-21. The program is designed to provide support to the parents and mentees.
The purpose of this mentoring program is to:
- Encourage a strong relationship with God; loving Him with all their heart, soul, and mind
- Provide Christian nurturing and allowing God to rejuvenate them spiritually
- Provide positive role models
- Assist them in financial literacy and job exploration
- Support the students academically from their secondary education through college or other post-secondary goals
- Expose mentees to engaging experiences (theater performances, cultural field trips, team-building opportunities, and more)
- Promote mental wellness
Mentors will complete training prior to mentorship assignments. Mentors are required to mentor 45 minutes to 1 hours a week for the next couple of months.